ROASTED BELL PEPPER AND TOMATO SALAD with Olive U! Italian Blend
3 red bell peppers
6 large plain tomatoes
1/2 tsp dried red chili flakes
1 red onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
finely grated lemon zest & juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
4 tsp Olive U! Italian Blend
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 ounce black and green olives
1 ounce flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Place the peppers on a baking sheet and roast, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the skins are almost blackened. Add the tomatoes to the baking sheet and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a plastic bag, close the top loosely, trapping in the steam, and then set them aside with the tomatoes until they are cool enough to handle.
- Carefully pull off and discard the skin from the peppers. Remove and discard the seeds, then chop the peppers and tomatoes roughly and place them together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the chili flakes, onion, garlic, lemon zest, and juice. Sprinkle on the parsley. Mix well, then transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, drizzle on the olive oil, and sprinkle the olives and extra parsley on the top.
EASY BRUSCHETTA WITH A KICK WITH OLIVE U! Italian Blend & Chilli Oil
1 baguette loaf, sliced
8 tomatoes diced
3 garlic cloves, freshly chopped
3 tbsp fresh basil leaves chopped
2 tbsp Olive U Italian Blend, more for drizzling
2 tbsp Chilli Olive Oil
salt and pepper
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Drizzle some Olive U! Italian blend over sliced baguettes and toast in a 400 degree oven until lightly toasted.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil leaves, Olive U! Italian blend, chilli oil, juice from 1 lemon, and ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper. Fold gently with spatula. Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Place over toasted baguettes and top with parmesan cheese.
BUTTON MUSHROOM & PARSLEY SALAD with Olive U! Italian Blend & Lemon Oil
1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 lb large button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 cup Olive U! Italian blend/lemon olive oil
2 ounce piece of parmesan
1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
Ground black pepper
- Mix the mushrooms and parsley together in a salad bowl.
- Whisk together lemon oil and lemon juice in a separate bowl until smooth. Add salt and pepper, to your personal taste.
- Add the lemon olive oil and lemon juice mixture to the salad bowl and stir until all ingredients are evenly coated. Thinly slice the parmesan on top and serve.
CHILLI PEPPER SWEET POMEGRANATE COUNTRY RIBS with Olive U! Chilli Oil & Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
2 cups pomegranate balsamic vinegar
2 tsp chilli oil
1 rack of pork ribs
Salt & pepper
BBQ sauce of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- Place ribs on a baking sheet, brush the ribs with chilli oil and season them with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 2 ½ hours until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Preheat grill to high and move ribs to the grill.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes on each side for the maximum smokiness. Flip occasionally each side if necessary to prevent too much charring.
- Brush a thick layer of BBQ sauce on the top side, cook for 5 minutes, then turn the ribs over and brush a layer on the other side and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Move the cooked ribs to a cutting board. Brush on a final layer of sauce and let them rest for 10 minutes before serving.
GRILLED STONE FRUITS with Olive U! Italian blend olive oil & Pear Balsamic Vinegar
2 lbs assorted fresh plums, peaches, or nectarines, halved and pitted
Olive U! Italian blend olive oil
Pear balsamic vinegar
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill the plums, peaches, or nectarines cut sides down, for 2–4 minutes until juicy and charred. Remove with spatula. Drizzle Olive U!
- Italian blend on top and serve with dollop of yogurt and pear balsamic vinegar.
HEIRLOOM CAPRESE SALAD with Olive U! Italian Blend & Fig balsamic vinegar
1 lb mozzarella cheese
4 large heirloom tomatoes
3 tbsp Olive U! Italian blend
2 tbsp of Fig balsamic vinegar
5 fresh basil leaves
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Cut the mozzarella and tomato into ¼ inch slices. Alternate tomato slices with mozzarella in a circular motion around a plate or serving platter. Sprinkle the sea salt and black pepper on top. Drizzle Olive U! Italian blend & Fig balsamic over it. Chiffonade the fresh basil leaves and garnish the salad. As the grand finale, drizzle our Fig balsamic vinegar as an explosion of taste.
JAPANESE STYLE GRILLED SALMON with Olive U! Italian Blend
2 lbs salmon fillets
(Use half for the marinade, reserve the other half for later)
2 tbsp grated ginger, fresh
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1 tsp wasabi paste
3 1/2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 1/2 tsp Olive U! Italian Blend
- Juice of one medium lemon
- Cut the salmon fillets into 4-5 pieces
- Heat up the grill while brushing the rack with Olive U! Italian Blend to keep the salmon from sticking.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl as the marinade (remember to set aside half of it for use later). Put the salmon on a plate, skin side down, then drizzle half the marinade onto it. Let it marinade for 20 minutes.
- Place the salmon on the hot grill, skin side down and discard the used marinade. Let it grill for around 4-6 minutes, depending on how thick the steak is. Then turn it over and grill for another 6 minutes until the salmon turns light pink. Make sure to remove the salmon from the heat before the middle is completely cooked through as the meat will continue to cook even after if it’s off of the grill.
- Take the salmon from the grill and put it skin down on plate. Spoon over the set-aside marinade on top. Remove the skin and serve warm.
LEMON GARLIC HUMMUS with Olive U! Lemon Olive Oil
2 – 16oz cans of chickpeas
1 tsp. salt
2 cloves of garlic
5 tbs with lemon olive oil
3 tbs fresh parsley
Finely chopped fresh garlic
- Drain chickpeas (but save the liquid from the cans)
- Combine all (except for the parsley) ingredients into a blender for food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add saved liquid from chickpeas a little at a time to adjust consistency if too thick or dry.
- Chop parsley and add as garnish before serving. Serve with warm pita bread or pita chips.
PASTA AL PEPPERONI with Olive U! Italian blend olive oil
6 bell peppers, red, green, yellow, or orange
1/2 cup of Olive U! Italian blend olive oil
Salt and black pepper
3/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
1lb dried penne pasta
- Roast peppers then remove the skin. Cut the peppers in 1 inch strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add peppers, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, mix well, cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spoon.
- Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil, add coarse salt to taste, then add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and add to the peppers. Mix very well. Serve immediately.
ORANGE MANGO CHICKEN SALAD with Orange Mango Balsamic & Olive U! Italian Blend
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup Orange Mango balsamic vinegar
½ tsp salt
3 cups mixed greens
¼ wedge red onion thinly sliced
½ cup raspberries
2 white peaches, chopped
¼ cup almonds, toasted
2 tbsp Orange Mango balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Olive U! Italian blend olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a bowl, whisk together ½ cup of orange mango balsamic vinegar, ¼ cup of Olive U! Italian blend olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken breasts in marinade for 15 minutes. Line a baking tray with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. After 15 minutes, drain marinade and set aside, then place chicken on the foil-lined tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Brush with marinade. Bake for another 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Once done baking, let cool and slice thinly. Set aside.
- Toast almonds on an ungreased saute pan over medium heat, until fragrant and nutty. Remove almonds and cool on a plate.
- Place mixed greens in a bowl and layer with sliced chicken, onions, raspberries and almonds.
- Whisk together remaining orange mango balsamic vinegar and Olive U! Italian blend olive oil along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper until well emulsified. Drizzle over salad. Serve immediately.
PENNE WITH ROASTED ASPARAGUS with Butter Olive Oil & 25 Year Balsamic Vinegar
1lb penne pasta
1lb fresh asparagus
5 tbsp of Butter olive oil
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of 25 year balsamic vinegar
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts (optional)
- Heat the oven up to 400F. Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus and slice the spears into 1- inch pieces. Put the asparagus on a baking sheet and toss with Butter olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of salt and the pepper. Roast until tender for around 10 minutes.
- Cook the penne pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta and toss with the 25 year balsamic vinegar, asparagus, parmesan, and toasted hazelnuts. Serve with additional parmesan sprinkled on the top.
ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES with Rosemary Olive Oil (serves 4)
1 lb yukon or red potatoes
1lb celery root
1/2 lb carrots
2 large onions
Kosher salt & cracked black pepper
Generous amount of Rosemary olive oil
- Peel and large dice all ingredients about 1 inch x 1 inch (don’t peel). Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, coating thoroughly with rosemary olive oil.
- Roast in oven uncovered on greased baking sheet, turning occasionally until tender and golden brown, for about 45 min.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with rosemary olive oil again before serving.
GARLIC, TOMATO, BASIL PASTA with Olive U! Italian Blend & Chilli Olive Oil
1 whole garlic bulb
1 1/2 grape tomatoes
15 large basil leaves
1/2 cup Olive U! Italian Blend
Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
3 tbsp Chilli olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wash and drain grape tomatoes and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with about 3 tbsp of Olive U! Italian blend olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the garlic and cut the top off, making sure to expose every piece of garlic within the bulb.
- Place the garlic on a piece of foil large enough to cover it. Drizzle 1 tbsp Olive U! Italian blend olive oil on top and sprinkle with generous pinch of salt and pepper. Wrap the garlic and place on the tray with the grape tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes and garlic in the oven for 20 minutes. After roasting, let cool completely.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, making sure to add salt to the water once it boils.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, reserve about 2 cups of the pasta water right before draining it. Drizzle hot pasta with little olive oil to keep it from sticking together.
- Take the cooled roasted garlic and place on a cutting board. Mash with a fork.
- Preheat a large saute pan. Add the remainder of your Olive U! Italian
- Blend olive oil, about ¼ cup, into the pan. Add the tomatoes and garlic. Saute for around two minutes. Add the pasta and about 1 cup of the pasta water. Toss pasta until garlic and tomatoes are distributed. Chiffonade basil leaves. Sprinkle on the pasta. Drizzle chilli oil over pasta and toss again one last time until basil is fully incorporated. Take pasta and place in a large bowl. Garnish with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
THREE COLOR SALAD with Olive U! Italian Blend & Lemon Olive Oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
6 large tomatoes
1 bunch arugula or watercress
4 ounces mozzarella cheese
4 tsp Olive U! Italian blend & Lemon olive oil
- Soak the onion slices in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- Prepare the tomatoes for skinning by slashing them with a sharp knife and dipping briefly in boiling water. Peel off the skins and then slice each tomato using a sharp knife.
- Arrange half the tomato slices on a large platter, or divide them among six small plates if you prefer. Layer with half the chopped arugula or watercress and half the onion slices, seasoning well. Add half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Season well to finish and drizzle the oil on the salad. Cover the salad and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
TOMATO SOUP with 25 Year Balsamic Vinegar (serves 6)
3 1/2 lbs ripe tomatoes
1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
3 tbsp tomato paste
2-3 tsp sugar
2-3 tbsp 25 year balsamic vinegar
Small handful of fresh basil leaves
Salt and ground black pepper
Fresh basil leaves to garnish
6 small toasted cheese croutons
2 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- Put tomatoes into a bowl of boiling water for 30 seconds, then refresh in cold water. Drain.
- Peel and discard the skins and quarters the tomatoes. Put them in a large saucepan and pour in the chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and cover a simmer gently for 10 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft.
- Stir the tomato paste, vinegar, sugar and basil. Season with salt and pepper, then cook gently, stirring for 2 minutes. Puree the soup in a blender of food processor then return to the saucepan and reheat until piping hot.
PORK OR HAM ROAST with Cranberry Walnut Balsamic Vinegar and ROASTED POTATOES with Rosemary Olive Oil and Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar.
1 fully cooked spiral ham or pork roast
1/2 liter bottle of ginger ale
1/2 cup honey
4 tbsp Cranberry Walnut balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp Honey Ginger balsamic vinegar
Rosemary olive oil to coat
- Place ham or pork roast in pan. Preheat oven at 350F. Cut potatoes in cubes Pour ginger ale over roast in a baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix Cranberry Walnut balsamic vinegar along with salt and pepper . Brush over roast and bake according to roast weight.
- Put cubed potatoes in a pan use Rosemary olive oil and Honey Ginger balsamic vinegar along with salt & pepper. Toss onto potatoes until coated well.
- Bake potatoes until tender and crispy.
Coconut Lime Chicken or Shrimp
1/4 cup Olive U Persian Lime EVOO
1/4 cup Olive U Coconut Balsamic
1 1/2 lbs. chicken (breast or thigh) or shrimp
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Pour all ingredients into bowl; marinade chicken for a couple hours or shrimp for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken or shrimp on a flat cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Bake chicken for 45 minutes or until done.
- Bake shrimp for 6 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with oil and balsamic just before serving for extra flavor.
Pear Balsamic Flank Steak
3 Anjou or Bosc pears, peeled, cored and sliced
1 onion, sliced
1/4 cup chopped garlic
1/4 cup boarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 cup white grape juice
1 cup Olive U Pear Balsamic
1 cup beef stock
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
1/4 cup tomato paste
3 lbs. flank steak, trimmed
2 T Olive U Italian Blend EVOO
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a non-reactive bowl large enough to accommodate the steak and mix well to dissolve sugar. Submerge steak in liquid and marinate for 2 days, covered, in refrigerator.
- Bring steak to room temp for 30 minutes before cooking. Rub steak with 1 T EVOO and heat grill to high and grill 8-10 minutes per side for medium rare. Let steak rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- While steak is resting, heat 1T EVOO in skillet over high heat. Remove onions and pears from marinade and saute until golden and caramelized, approx. 8 minutes. Set aside. Strain marinade into
hot skillet and cook until reduced by half. Slice steak thinly against grain and top with onions, pears, and reduced marinade. Enjoy!
Warm Beet and String Bean Salad
4 medium beets
1 lb. string beans, trimmed
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup Olive U 25 Star Balsamic
1/2 cup Olive U Italian Blend EVOO
1 small red onion, minced
1 T chives, chopped
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper